Birch Care is looking for energetic, caring, and enthusiastic people to join our company. We are currently recruiting for a Speech Therapist to work across the Gold Coast and Logan region with an immediate start!
The Ideal Candidate
The successful applicant will provide support and use evidence-based approaches to assess and provide therapy to people with disabilities. In addition, you will deliver tailored support and develop healthy, positive and professional relationships with participants to reach meaningful and desired outcomes in line with NDIS goals.
- 1-year experience in delivering person-centred NDIS services; (desirable)
- Speech Therapist (with AHPRA registration);
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check, Working with Children Check & Police Clearance or willingness to obtain);
- Current driver’s licence and vehicle (vehicle use reimbursement is provided);
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent time management;
- Strong attention to detail, analytical thinking and problem-solving;
- Honesty, integrity, a good team attitude and a positive approach; and
- Genuine commitment to continuous improvement.
- Excellent remuneration/hourly rates and flexible working arrangements;
- Generous staff incentive and CPD schemes;
- Laptop and Phone;
- Our commitment to your work-life balance;
- Genuine, supportive and friendly working culture
Tasks & responsibilities
- Support participants to meet their NDIS goals.
- Observing and evaluating patients to determine the nature and extent of their disorder
- Helping patients establish goals and advising on treatment options
- Planning and conducting programs to correct speech disorders
- Administering therapy for the rehabilitation of patients with communication problems caused by disabilities.
- Patient follow-ups and referrals where appropriate
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time
- Demonstrate understanding of a person-centred approach
- Practical verbal and written communication skills and the ability to connect with participants
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology or equivalent (with AHPRA registration)
- Membership with Speech Pathology Australia
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working in the mental health industry (Desirable)
- Experience in working with Autism and other disabilities (Desirable)
- Current Working with Children Check–Blue Card
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- If applicable to you, evidence of compliance with any Public Health Orders applicable at the time.
- Current Police Check (Not older than 6 Months)